Acceptable Use Policy#
This Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of all services offered by amazee.io (the "Provider") and its affiliates (the “Services”). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Services.
You bear sole responsibility for any material that you or your end users maintain, transmit, download, view, post, distribute, or otherwise access or make available using the Services. By using the Services, you represent that you own the content that you make available through the Provider’s Services and all proprietary or intellectual property rights therein, or possess express written authorization from the owner to copy, use, and display such content.
Fair use policy#
Services not charged based on Time and Materials are provided on a fair use basis as determined by the aggregate service usage and consumption patterns of the Provider’s Clients. Any violation of this fair use policy will be addressed between the parties, and the Provider reserves the right to charge additional fees.
Prohibited Use of Services#
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content#
You may not use, encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use the Services for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive.
Prohibited activities or content include but are not limited to:
- Illegal, Harmful or Fraudulent Activities. Any activities that are illegal, that violate the rights of others, or that may be harmful to others, our operations or reputation, including disseminating, promoting or facilitating child sexual abuse, offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, make-money-fast schemes, ponzi and pyramid schemes, phishing, or pharming.
- Infringing Content. Content which infringes on or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content. Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including content that constitutes Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM).
- Harmful Content. Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including but not limited to: viruses, malware, Trojan horses, worms, or time bombs.
No Network Abuse or Security Violations#
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. You may not use the Services to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”).
Prohibited activities include but are not limited to:
- Unauthorized Access. Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception. Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin. Forging TCP/IP packet headers, email headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. The legitimate use of aliases and anonymous remailers is not prohibited by this provision.
No Resource Abuse#
You may not use excessive amounts of server resources or bandwidth which signficantly affects the performance of our servers or other Clients' web properties. Specific exceptions to these activity restrictions may be granted by the Provider on a case-by-case basis.
Prohibited activities include but are not limited to:
- Cryptocurrency Mining. The use of server resources to mine cryptocurrency or perform any other computationally expensive operations unrelated to the web property's operation.
- Audio/Video streaming. (excluding those which are incidental to the web property's operation)
- Large audio or video content distribution
- Storage of numerous uncompressed or full-size digital images
- Online backups (e.g. backups of desktop/laptop computer, files, or items not directly related to the web property)
- Mass sending of unsolicited emails (through ANY mail relay or other service)
- Blockchain applications
Additional Prohibited Activities#
In addition to the prohibited uses and content outlined earlier in this Policy, the following activities are also prohibited:
- Impersonation. Impersonating any person or entity, including but not limited to: Provider representatives, employees, or affilliates, or falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affilliation with a Client, person, or other entity.
- Data Mining: Engaging in data mining, scraping, crawling, or using any process or processes that send automated queries to the Provider's systems or Services, which are not directly related to operating the web property, without prior written consent.
- Harassment: Harassing, stalking, or threatening any person or entity through the Services, including but not limited to, other users, Provider representatives, employees, or affiliates.
Penalties for Breaching the Policy#
In the event of a violation or suspected violation of this Acceptable Use Policy, the Provider reserves the right to take appropriate actions to enforce the Policy, protect its interests, and ensure the integrity and security of the Services. The penalties for breaching the Policy may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Warning: The Provider may issue a formal written warning, outlining the specific violation and requesting immediate compliance with the Policy.
- Suspension: The Provider may temporarily suspend access to the Services, either in part or in full, until the violation is rectified or the issue is resolved.
- Termination: The Provider may, at its sole discretion, terminate your account and access to the Services.
- Legal Action: If the violation involves activities that are illegal, infringe upon others' rights, or result in harm, the Provider may initiate legal proceedings against the violator, including reporting the incident to law enforcement authorities when appropriate.
- Fines and Additional Fees: The Provider reserves the right to impose fines or additional fees to cover the cost of addressing the violation, including any expenses incurred in investigating, mitigating, or resolving the issue.
- Cooperation with Law Enforcement: The Provider is committed to respecting the privacy and rights of its users and will only respond to legal demands or requests for information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. The Provider will carefully review and assess the validity and scope of any legal demands before providing any information. In the event that the Provider receives a legal demand or request for information, we may take one or more of the following actions:
- Notify the affected user(s), unless prohibited by law or the legal demand.
- Request clarification or modification of the legal demand if it is overly broad or unclear.
- Comply with the legal demand, as required by law, by providing the requested information.
The severity and order of the penalties applied may vary depending on the nature, severity, and frequency of the violation. The Provider reserves the right to determine the appropriate course of action on a case-by-case basis and at its sole discretion.